POSITIONS VACANT – PART TIME COOKS
Broken Hill is a thriving community on the edge of the NSW Outback. With a population of over 20,000 people it is the economic and cultural hub of Far Western NSW. It is located 500kms from Adelaide and approximately 1200kms from Sydney.
The Barrier Social Democratic Club (The Demo Club) has recently undergone substantial renovations to make it one of the leading clubs in Broken Hill.
We seek the service of both experienced Cooks looking to help drive our growing business and those current apprentices looking for an adventure and the chance to have their studies fully paid.
The Club has in excess of 8500 members, 130 gaming machines, 80 staff, 250 seat Bistro, Café and Function Centre.
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Hands-on approach to cooking and assisting the chefs
- A team player who works well with others
- Is trustworthy, reliable and committed
- Provide a high level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Assist with menu development, food preparation, cost control and stocktaking, where applicable
- Ensuring consistent levels of food standards throughout the club
- Ensuring all WH&S and food safety standards are met and exceeded
- Maximize profitable food revenue in the Club
- Regularly liaise with members and guests to enhance the overall ‘personal touch’ approach to service to obtain feedback in order to maintain and improve catering
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Trade Qualifications or currently studying and hold a current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate would be desirable
- Experience in a similar role and commitment to providing excellent food
- Be a team player with a composed manner and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience in functions and events and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of WH&S and Food Safety
- Very high personal presentation standards
- You will be able to work a variety of hours across 7 days per week
Why work at the Demo Club:
- You will be part of a friendly culture that encourages employee development;
- You will be provided with excellent working conditions including a flexible workplace, and uniforms
A fulfilling and rewarding position with attractive remuneration and conditions will be offered to the successful candidates.
Please forward a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to the Ben Offord, Operations Manager, Demo Club, 218 Argent Street, BROKEN HILL NSW 2880 or
Applications will close Friday 11th May at 5:30PM.
find out more on Facebook.