Hospitality & Commercial Cookery
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an Apprenticeship with Barrier Social Democratic Club Broken Hill
The successful candidate will;
- Undertake a Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
As an Apprentice with the Demo Club you will work and learn in an exciting and varied workplace, which caters for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, while maintaining and promoting the vision and values of the Barrier Social Democratic Club Broken Hill.
The Demo Club operates 3 venues - a very busy Bistro in the Club, Thyme on Argent Café and their Function Centre
Your duties will / may include;
Prepare and cook high quality food according to the menus guidelines and recipes, Receive and account for supplies and deliveries, Assist with regular stocktakes, Maintain restaurant cost control systems, Follow correct hygienic food handling processes, Maintain kitchen equipment and plant and carry out other duties as required.
To successfully gain an interview for his position you will;
- Provide a cover letter outlining your skills and commitment to undertaking an Apprenticeship with Barrier Social Democratic Club Broken Hill
- Address the selection criteria as set out below.
- Provide the contact details of at least 2 referees who will speak about your commitment and attitude to undertaking new challenges.
- Provide a copy of your resume.
- Available to work Monday to Sunday according by roster including split shifts.
- Must have completed Year 10 School Certificate.
- Good communication and math skills
- Self-motivated and possess a high work ethic.
- A positive attitude and strong desire to excel in your cookery career
- Strong commitment to WHS
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understand you will work split shift, mornings, evenings and weekends.
Applications are to be handed in person to:
Ben Offord – Operations Manager
Applications close 5pm Friday 11th May 2018